Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tune Tuesday - Sonic Boom pt. 1

I attended a music festival put on by a local radio station a few weekends ago.  We got up bright and early (8 am on a Sunday) so we could make sure to catch the opening act at 11:30.  We even put on some funny ears (courtesy of EuroDisney) to make the day a little more fun.

(Jenn, Carla and I with Hollerado)

Opening band was Christian Hansen and the Autistics.  They're from Edmonton, and the lead singer (Christian Hansen) is one of the most entertaining performers I've seen.  His facial expressions were priceless, and their music is all the things electropop that make my ears happy.  This video encompasses their performance completely, and the song is stupidly catchy.  




The second band was Hollerado.  They put on an amazing show, and we got to chat with them for a bit afterwards.  Also Canadian (from Montreal), they're more indie rock, but still incredibly high energy.  Their set included lots of drum, guitar and bass solos, and a random, yet hilarious cover of Fuck You by Cee Lo Green (who cancelled his performance at Sonic Boom).  They also have some of the most original music videos I've ever seen.



We missed all the bands in the middle when we executed an escape plan (lets just say I'm really good at inventing stories) to find food that wasn't deep fried. Thanks to Highlands Kitchen we did just that, and ate ourselves into a food coma. If you haven't been, I highly suggest you go and try and chocolate pate!




Check back next Tuesday for the rest of our adventure. 

<3 Kristen

P.S I'm having computer difficulties ie. my new laptop is worse than my old laptop. so I haven't been able to upload any picture that I can't steal off facebook. I hope to get this also sorted out soon and then photo bomb you with Paris for weeks and weeks and weeks ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment