Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tune Tuesday : Samantha Savage Smith

What better way to start a new blog, than with some fantastic music?



I stumbled upon Samantha Savage Smith completely by accident. I was driving with a good friend (who happens to by my concert buddy), when we saw a bunch of people in a park and a stage.  Both of us immediately screamed at the possibility of a free random concert in the park, pulled a U-turn and went to go check it out. Not expecting much, we were both blown away by what we heard. Her voice was so mature. In some of her songs, she reminded me of Zooey Deschanel. So quirky, so powerful, but so mellow. Just the right amount of jazz and rock.  We laid in the grass and caught the end of her set, and were so disappointed that we weren't there for the entire show. To make her even more amazing, she's from Calgary, which is 3 hours from my hometown. I LOVE discovering new local talent. It makes the music that much more special. 
You can check out more of her music on her MySpace page. 

Cheers,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment