Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tune Tuesday - Sonic Boom Part 2

So apparently I fail at scheduling a post......so I apologize for this being late and we'll give this a second shot...

So my last post left off with a lovely lunch with two lovely ladies...and this one picks up with a perfect afternoon nap in a park. We might have been surrounded by an overly creepy number of seagulls evenly spaced and motionless, but that didn't stop us from spreading out our newly signed band tees and soaking up some sun.


After our siesta, we returned to the show to catch Cake. I was ridiculously excited for the chance to see them live, but to be quite honest, I would have rather extended my nap in the park.  The show lacked any kind of pizzaz, and it sounded like they were playing their CD over the sound system. It was too rehearsed.  That however, doesn't stop me from getting super happy every time I hear this song on the radio!


Up next was Social Distortion. Now I usually hit up indie rock concerts, but it was nice to hear some music that was outside my typical genre. They put on a wicked show and I suppose that has to do with the fact that they've been around forever. I really enjoyed this video because of the 1930's mob theme. There's just something about that era that I find so captivating.


Metric took the stage next. They put on an amazing show as always (that was the 3rd time I have gotten to see them live). The crowd was still amped up from Social D, so in an attempt to escape the moshing, I decided to cross something off my bucket list, and went crowd-surfing. It was SO MUCH FUN! I didn't brave the mosh pit...but maybe one day. That being said it wouldn't be a Metric concert without me leaving somewhat beat up, and this time was no exception. My foot was super swollen and black and blue, and the back of my head throbbed for 2 weeks. It was completely worth it though! Their new single is Black History Month which is a cover of the Death From Above 1979 version. I still don't know if I like it.....but here is one of  my favourites!






Jane's Addiction finished up the 12 hours of music (holy cow was it a LONG day!), but we only caught the first song before heading home to our beds. I'm sad that I didn't get to hear this song live...these guys are so freaking talented.



It was a pretty incredible day. Although I don't think I can say I have ever had a bad time at a concert.  


<3 Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment